Best Kilimanjaro Route
Best Kilimanjaro Route -now, you want to climb Mount Kilimanjaro? Then you have to choose a best route up Kilimanjaro summit. If you are not an experienced trekker and want to effortlessly get to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro you will be better with Lemosho route, Machame Route, Rongai route or Marangu route. Lemosho and Machame routes stand top of all routes by sceneries and moderate treks. Do note that the Machame and Marangu routes do get very crowded during peak season.
For those who like a more demanding Kilimanjaro route, there is Umbwe route which has steep trails.
A sad rock fall killing several people on Kilimanjaro has meant that Western Breach route is now rated as severe and dangerous route on the mountain. This western breach route is now best for those with enough technical experience to climb roped up, wearing safety harness and helmet. Even talented climbers are not allowed to climb this route without a qualified technical guide and the right equipment.
Most of the climbs, especially Rongai, Lemosho and Shira routes, offer beautiful scenic views from every turns, as well as unique fauna and flora.
The Northern Circuit Climb is the longest route up Kilimanjaro, and among the least travelled route. This does introduce an element of risk by taking you to the more remote parts of the mountain side, from where rescue can take longer. So plan this expedition well and go only with an experienced support team.
Finally and most importantly consider giving yourself sufficient time to acclimatise to alitude. Read our useful and important ACCLIMATISATION PROFILE notes.
Below is a comparison of the Best Kilimanjaro Route to take you to the summit.
Marangu route 5 or 6 days.
Marangu route is the shortest route to the summit. It is done in 5 days but extra day on the mountain is recommended to allow your body to acclimatise on day 3 of your trekking. The estimated cost on Marangu route is: Best Kilimanjaro Route.
- Marangu route 5 days from $1,350 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
- Marangu route 6 days from $1,530 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
Machame route 6 or 7 days.
Machame route is the scenic route compared to other routes. This is a physical demanding route and is recommended for people with hiking experience. The Machame route is done in 6 or 7 days. The estimated cost on Machame route is.
- Machame route 6 days from $1,640 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
- Marangu 6 days from $1,730 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
Lemosho route 7, 8 or 9 days.
The Lemosho route is our popular Kilimanjaro trekking route, this route offer view from every turn as you walk up and the Lemosho is the only route with moderate trails. The estimated cost on Machame route is. Best Kilimanjaro Route.
- Lemosho route 7 days from $1,780 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
- Lemosho route 8 days from $1,990 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
- Lemosho route 9 days from $2,140 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.
Rongai route 6 days.
Rongai is the only Kilimanjaro route with possibility of seeing wildlife including elephants on the way up. The rongai route is has stunning views from every point and is recommended to experienced mountaineers. The estimated cost on Machame route is.
- Rongai route 6 days from $1,710 per person in a group trekking plus 1 overnight before climb.